Stahler Cemetery was first known as the Zion’s cemetery and was connected to the Zion Church on Raymond Hill Rd. in Lockport.
Stahler Cemetery was incorporated in 1891. It was first the cemetery for the Zion Church but they abandoned it.
Stahler Cemetery was formerly owned by the Zion Church on
Raymond Hill Road, Town of Lockport, NY. The church disbanded
between 1882-1885 and also abandoned the cemetery.
On July 10, 1879 C. H. Stahler had the cemetery surveyed and
assumed care of the cemetery and renamed it the Stahler
Cemetery. In 1886 the C. H. Stahler family erected a
cornerstone which reads: The entrance and front donated by C.
H. Stahler AD 1886.
The Town of Lockport took possession of Stahler Cemetery in 2010. This was due to the private board of directors closing the cemetery as they were running out of money. New York State law requires towns to become the owner and maintain the property.1
Find a Grave: https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/66372/stahler-cemetery
The following photos were taking on 5 July 2022:
A tombstone reading of Stahler Cemetery was published in 1998 by Maureen Higgins Seifert. You can view the reading at:…
The tall Stahler Monument located within the Stahler Cemetery had a dedication ceremony on Sunday, July 20, 1890 at 8pm.…
- Joe Olenick, “Town to Take Over Stahler Cemetery,” Lockport (NY) Union-Sun & Journal, 2 June 2010, HTML edition (https://www.lockportjournal.com/news/local_news/town-to-take-over-stahler-cemetery/article_e23d212b-e1de-5b14-9590-4152d5e496ae.html : accessed 25 July 2022), para. 1-4.